Say “No Way!” to more pills or extreme diets. How to lose weight and feel great with the 12HealthHabits wellness solution created by Dr. Maia Hightower, M.D.
Forge lifelong health habits to achieve your long term health goals
By Dr. Maia Hightower, MD
You already know that to lose weight, not smoke, eat healthy, and get more exercise is so important, yet you have failed time and again to jumpstart that new healthy habit.
The 12HealthHabits approach is different because it utilizes our knowledge of the brain and advances in understanding of the science of habits and willpower to build your self-control and replace unhealthy habits with healthy ones.
Lose weight without dieting
Gain more energy and vitality
Get rid of bad habits and learn new healthy ones
Prevent disease before it happens
Register NOW for your FREE Online Health Seminar
12 Health Habits to Wellness, Happiness, and Longevity
12HealthHabits is a health-and-wellness startup company that provides individuals with coaching and interactive tools to prevent disease and to promote health, happiness and longevity. 12HealthHabits gives individual clients the power to develop scientifically proven habits that optimize physical and mental health. Each habit is an independent piece of a healthy lifestyle. If embraced, the 12HealthHabits.com approach can reduce your risk of developing heart disease, diabetes, and cancer, while on your path to wellness, happiness, and longevity. 12hHealthHabits uses advances in our understanding of neuroscience, psychology, and science to ensure a healthy lifestyle so you will feel better and have greater energy and vitality. A recent review of US national trends in cardiovascular habits revealed that less than 2% of those surveyed met the new American Heart Association definition of ideal cardiovascular health. Join the 100% of us in the 12HealthHabits community committed to a healthier, happier you.
- Eat a healthy diet. Low glycemic, high in fruits and vegetables, high fish, low meat
- Maintain a normal BMI of less than 25
- Be physically active. Greater than 150 minutes per week of moderate intensity or greater than 75 minutes per week of vigorous intensity or combination. Optimal is 7 hours per week, 1 hour per day or 10,000 steps per day.
- Do not smoking
- Maintain a normal blood pressure of 120/80
- Maintain a normal fasting glucose of less than 100
- Maintain total cholesterol levels below 200 or LDL cholesterol below 130
- Manage stress
- Avoid excessive alcohol by keeping alcohol consumption to fewer than 7 drinks per week
- Sleep at least 7 to 8 hours per night
- Schedule regular medical checkups
- Promote healthy behaviors in our children, teenagers and community
Why the 12HealthHabits approach is different
You already know that to lose weight, not smoke, eat healthy, and get more exercise is so important, yet you have failed time and again to jumpstart that new healthy habit. The 12HealthHabits approach is different because it utilizes our knowledge of the brain and advances in understanding of the science of habits and willpower to build your self-control and replace unhealthy habits with healthy ones. Technology has enabled personalized medicine to come closer than ever before. Today, we have the tools to quantify the self. You now have the power to take control and drive your health like never before.